At Ramsey Family Dentistry, we are proud to provide you with a range of services. While some dentists need to refer you to another dental professional for orthodontic services, Dr. Kevin Ramsey can improve your smile right here at our Gilbert, Arizona, dental office with the help of Invisalign. We hope that the availability of both dental and orthodontic services makes dental care more comfortable and convenient for you and your family.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional metal braces. The Invisalign treatment method uses a series of removable clear plastic aligner trays to adjust the position of your teeth. With Invisalign, you graduate to a new set of aligner trays about every two weeks as your treatment progresses.
The adjustment is usually complete after about a year for adult patients. For teenage users, length of treatment is usually comparable to required treatment time with traditional metal braces. For best results, you need to wear Invisalign at least 20 hours a day.
Do I Need Invisalign?
A poor bite or misaligned teeth can have adverse effects on your oral health. If your teeth are crowded, twisted, or poorly spaced, it can be difficult to clean them – leading to an increased risk of tooth decay.
If you have a poorly aligned bite, the act of chewing or biting can lead to excessive and painful pressure on the jaw, tooth erosion, grinding, clenching, and even speech impairment. A visible malocclusion such as an overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite may also leave you dissatisfied with the appearance of your teeth or jaw.
Advantages of Invisalign
Traditional braces use fixed metal wires and brackets to straighten teeth. While this treatment is effective, Invisalign offers several advantages:
- Invisalign might be a good option for you if you are not a fan of how traditional metal braces look. In fact, the clear plastic makes the aligners almost undetectable.
- There are no restrictions on which foods you can eat because you remove your aligners for meals.
- Invisalign makes it easy to practice good oral hygiene like brushing and flossing – practices that are inhibited by metal and brackets.
- The plastic aligners will not painfully scrape at the inside of your mouth like traditional braces can.
- Invisalign will not cause inaccuracies in dental x-rays like with some metal fixtures.
- Invisalign will not cause the roots of teeth to shorten like some orthodontic treatment methods can.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Ramsey Today!
Dr. Ramsey will begin your treatment by taking x-rays, photographs, and impressions of your teeth. This information will be sent to a dental lab where your aligner trays will be made. With the help of Invisalign technology, Dr. Ramsey will design a detailed treatment plan outlining the exact movement of your teeth into a better position. After the aligner treatment is completed, you may be required to use a retainer.
If you are interested in beautifully adjusting your teeth and improving your smile, consider Invisalign. Contact Ramsey Family Dentistry at (480) 207-6001 for more information.